Job Title – Senior Group Estimator
Location – Hybrid
Travel required to sites in the Southeast. A Company van / allowance will be provided and applicants must hold a full UK licence with less than 6 points.
Mon – Fri 37.5 hpw
As a Senior Group Estimator, you can expect the benefits from Chevron Traffic Management that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Car/Car Allowance
- 26 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Job Security
- Company Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance with a range of other amazing benefits available through an app
- Paternity Leave - paid at full salary for 2 weeks *after qualifying 2 year period
- Maternity Leave – paid at full salary for 3 months and ½ salary for a further 3 months * after qualifying 2 year period
- Refer A Friend Scheme of £750
- Fill Your Boots Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year
- Access to our Internal Academy
- Career Development and Progression
Are you a strong communicator? A great negotiator? Can you value, build and create successful lasting customer relationships? Are you persistent and determined? Are you highly motivated and proactive and able to adapt quickly and efficiently to changing situations? Then take a look below.
Who is Chevron Traffic Management?
In simple terms, Chevron Traffic Management is the company that sets up temporary road or lane closures, diversions routes or pedestrian walkways to keep road workers and road users safe while roadworks are underway. This involves putting out road cones, signage, temporary traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, and barriers. Our work is visible all over the country. The next time you are out and about and see roadworks, have a look at the signage. It is possible that Chevron Traffic Management put them there.
It is, of course, much more complicated than that. It involves consulting, planning, designing, estimating and liaising with our suppliers and our customers to ensure that our schemes are fit for purpose. It also involves innovation and technology so we can improve safety and help our industry to reduce our carbon footprint.
Traffic Management is a challenging industry, but we know that our work keeps people safe which makes it really rewarding. The people who work in Chevron TM make it fun.
About the role of Senior Group Estimator
- The key purpose of the role is to support the development of the company’s business in the Southeast region. Primarily the role will:
- To work closely with the Central Bid Team, Regional Operational teams and Directors in the preparation of tenders and works opportunities.
- Respond in a timely manner to all requests of quotation for the provision of Traffic Management and other group services.
- Responsible for the compilation of all in contract quotations supporting the commercial teams for secured works and submit in a timely fashion.
- Liaise and develop long term relationships with others as required with clients, supply chain and other partner organisations to maximize all potential business leads.
- Build relationships in line with future opportunities to support targeted growth.
- Operate within the financial authority.
This is a key role within the Chevron Group. The Senior Group Estimator will be expected to manage all activities within their areas of responsibility.
Responsibilities of a Senior Group Estimator.
Assume overall responsibility for the managing and pricing of enquiries within the Southeast Region:
- Assess tender / quotation conditions upon receipt and identify any risk.
- Work to tight tender return date.
- Liaise with operational teams to assist in building up the prices for quick turnaround quotations.
- Support the commercial team within contract quotations.
- Analyse all subcontract and supplier packages to ensure all attendances and exclusions are recognised before settlement.
- Compile and issue tender queries during tender period and ensure responses are dealt with in the submission when required.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure compliance to company strategy and protect from potential risk.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to others in the operational team to raise capability.
- Provide Tender handover pack demonstrating strategy at tender stage on all successful bids to operational departments.
- Assist commercial team on compensation events build ups.
- Attend pre-tender meetings / events.
- Review unsuccessful tenders, analyse and implement improvement strategy for future bids to ensure growth targets are met.
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Assist with keeping library of rates up to date based on actual base cost.
- Understand the local TM marketplace and how they can take advantage of upcoming opportunities.
- Gain an understand Chevron’s corporate systems and work with the wider team to ensure all works are delivered safely to the contract requirements and in line with industry best practice.
- To assist in identifying future opportunities using their knowledge of the current market and upcoming customer demand.
Drive productivity and support profit and loss for the Southeast Region:
- Assist in maximising depot productivity through increase tender success.
- Provide required information in preparation for forecasts, budgets and business plans for the Southeast Region
- Manage and control any expenditure within your remit.
- Ensure strategic approach at tender stage is compiled and handed over to the operational / commercial teams.
- Undertake random audits on strategy compliance to ensure expected margins are achieved or exceeded.
Take responsibility for growing the business including ensuring repeat business from existing customers, identifying new business opportunities, and engaging directly with potential new customer:
- Ensure excellent delivery and customer service on all elements of your responsibility to maximise the opportunity for repeat business and increased client penetration.
- Foster excellent working relationships with existing clients to identify new working opportunities.
- Following up on all potential new regional and national leads with clients and the wider Chevron business.
- Always represent the Company in a professional manner.
What good look like for Senior Group Estimator
- Previous demonstrable experience of the traffic management industry either practical TM experience or experience of working in the highway maintenance sector.
- Local knowledge of the region’s construction and maintenance market, particularly Highways England, local authority highway maintenance and utilities highways works.
- Experienced in delivering operational estimates for the provision of Traffic Management in highways maintenance, Major Projects and Local Authority markets
- HND / HNC qualification or similar
- Knowledge of NEC Conditions of Contract and how they impact on the tender price.
- Understanding of standard methods of measurement.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, Microsoft Office suite of software and ability to work with other business management systems.
- An open mind to new innovations and their application within the digital world.
- An ability to network and create new business relationships.
- Essential to have the interpersonal skills to be able to interface successfully with a wide range of people both within and outside the company.
- An ability to work within a high performing, fast-moving team.
- Highly motivated individual
- Needs to have all round technical understanding of activities involved within business area.
- Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements.
- Full UK driving licence.
What else looks good for a Senior Group Estimator
- Some practical experience of delivering Traffic Management works would be an advantage.
- NHSS 12a,b,c or d qualifications
- Other formal commercial or business management qualifications.
This is a senior role within the business and the successful candidate will be expected to be fully accountable for their actions.
If you like what you read and think you are just what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you today.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT CHEVRON
Chevron TM believe the skills, capabilities and talents of our people are the key to our success. We benefit enormously from the diversity and variety of our workforce and are fully committed to maintaining and encouraging this diversity.
The richer the mix of people, skills and cultures; the greater the range of inputs, viewpoints and experiences. Because of this, Chevron TM is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, defined by its diversity and opposition to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.