Job title - Senior Firmware Engineer
Location - Bottesford, Leicestershire NG13 0AU
Salary: Highly Competitive to be discussed depending on experience.
This is a great Opportunity to join such a wonderful team!
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you can expect the benefits from HRS that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays plus one for Birthday.
- Job Security
- Company Pension
- Uniform and PPE provided free.
- Access to our Internal Academy and Career Development
- Fill Your Boots Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year.
- Working with digitally enabled work zone safety solutions
- Career Development
- On-site free parking
- Refer a Friend - £500
Why Highway Resource Solutions (HRS)
Highway Resource Solutions (HRS) was established in 2011, following the death of a Road Worker in Lincolnshire, UK. This tragic incident, caused by an errant vehicle, was the catalyst for the development of an Incursion Warning System for road workers which is now recognised as best practice by industry and Highways England. HRS specialise in the delivery of digital services and assets for sectors in temporary infrastructure, including roads, rail, utilities, and event management.
Our Mission is to provide technology-based safety solutions that will help to significantly reduce injuries and fatalities in temporary work zones, whilst providing the travelling public with accurate real-time information.
Our Values are: Forward Thinking, Reliable, Honest, Respectful and Trustworthy
About the role of Senior Firmware Engineer
You will work on helping us to develop, commercialise and support a range of innovative smart connected products and be responsible for our New Product Development (NPD) process. Working within a multi-disciplined engineering team you will develop embedded firmware solutions for our extensive range of products.
The role will include these responsibilities:
- Design and development of embedded microprocessor/microcontroller-based firmware for HRS’s range of products from initial requirements through to product release.
- Testing the developed products at device level and providing support for full end to end system integration.
- Creation and maintenance of an appropriate level of firmware product documentation including product guides and operating instructions as required.
- Issue investigation and resolution on new and legacy firmware products.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects that are running concurrently.
- Consult with superiors and stakeholders appropriately and in a timely fashion to mitigate any issues.
- Evaluate and select third party software tools and libraries as required.
- Work proactively with internal and external operations partners to ensure the smooth introduction of products into manufacture and the effective resolution of arising issues.
- Developing and revising statements of work with accurate cost and time estimates.
- Supporting the continual improvement and refinement of the firmware development procedures and processes to provide the required levels of quality, accuracy, and agility.
What good looks like as a Senior Firmware Engineer
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject matter.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing embedded firmware in a product environment.
- An in depth understanding of the product development process and product life cycle.
- Knowledge of key engineering design tools e.g., programming IDEs, Git Hub, Azure.
- Experience in developing RF based products would be desirable with technologies such as sub 1GHz radio networks, GNSS location and cellular communication.
- An open and positive outlook, with an interest to explore new technologies and ideas.
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the business, particularly in relation to the presentation of technical content.
- Focus on detail, with the ability to support effective project execution by collaborating on the production of accurate plans and documentation.
- So, if you want to join a winning team and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, click on the apply button today.
All equipment is safety related, and as such we maintain a robust D&A Policy with random testing
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT HRS
Highway Resource Solutions believe the skills, capabilities and talents of our people are the key to our success. We benefit enormously from the diversity and variety of our workforce and are fully committed to maintaining and encouraging this diversity.
The richer the mix of people, skills and cultures; the greater the range of inputs, viewpoints and experiences. Because of this, HRS is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, defined by its diversity and opposition to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.