Job Title - Senior Electronics Design Engineer
Location – Hybrid with travel to Bottesford, Nottinghamshire NG13 0GY
Hours – Mon – Fri 8:30am-5:00pm
This is a wonderful opportunity to join our wonderful Digital team at HRS. As a Senior Electronics Design Engineer, you can expect the benefits from Highway Resource Solutions (HRS) that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays plus one for birthday.
- Job Security
- Company Pension
- Access to our Internal Academy and Career Development
- Fill Your Boots Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year.
- Working with digitally enabled work zone safety solutions
- Career Development
- On-site free parking
- Refer a Friend - £500
- Life Assurance and a range of other benefits you can access through an app!
We are looking for a Senior Electronic Design Engineer who can help us develop the next generation of IoT technologies to enable innovative digital services, that improve the safety and efficiency of temporary work zones in infrastructure, construction and maintenance.
About the role of Senior Electronic Design Engineer
You will work on helping us to develop, commercialise and support a range of innovative smart connected products. Working within a multi-disciplined engineering team, you will develop electronics for our extensive range of products.
- Liaison with Product Managers/Project Managers to define requirements and develop Product/ Electronic implementation concepts.
- Design and development of embedded microprocessor/microcontroller-based electronic systems for HRS’s range of products from initial requirements through to product release.
- Testing the developed products at PCBA level and providing support for full end to end system integration.
- Good understanding of electronic design, processes and Tools.
- Carry out product testing and certification against relevant standards e.g. EMC, Environmental, Safety
- Report task status to the senior team and undertake mitigation actions as necessary.
- Interface with internal and external operations teams to ensure the smooth introduction of product into manufacture.
- Support the Operations teams in solving production issues.
- Carry out Value Analysis and Value Engineering exercises to identify opportunities to reduce product cost.
- Support the change control process to ensure that modifications are correctly evaluated prior to implementation.
- Create and maintain an appropriate level of electronic product documentation including product guides and operating instructions as required.
- Issue investigation and resolution on new and legacy electronics products.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects that are running concurrently.
- Use of lab equipment including PCB rework is essential.
- Ability to construct test setups to verify designs.
What good looks like for a Senior Electronic Design Engineer
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject matter.
- Experience in electronic circuit design experience in a product environment.
- An understanding of the product development process and product life cycle.
- Knowledge of key engineering design tools
- Experience in developing RF based products would be desirable with technologies such as sub 1GHz radio networks, GNSS location and cellular communication.
- An open and positive outlook, with an interest to explore new technologies and ideas.
- The ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Focus on detail, with the ability to support effective project execution by collaborating on the production of accurate plans and documentation.
So, if you want to join a winning team as a Senior Electronic Design Engineer and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, click on the apply button today.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT HRS
Highway Resource Solutions believe the skills, capabilities and talents of our people are the key to our success. We benefit enormously from the diversity and variety of our workforce and are fully committed to maintaining and encouraging this diversity.
The richer the mix of people, skills and cultures; the greater the range of inputs, viewpoints and experiences. Because of this, HRS is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, defined by its diversity and opposition to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.