Job Title – Java Developer
Location - Bottesford, Nottinghamshire
Mon- Fri 8:30-5pm 40 hrs per week
There has never been a better time to join our award-winning team at HRS.
As a Java Developer, you can expect the benefits from Highway Resource Solutions (HRS) that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays plus one for Birthday
- Job Security
- Company Pension
- Uniform and PPE provided free
- Access to our Internal Academy and Career Development
- Fill Your Boots Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year
- Working with digitally enabled work zone safety solutions
- On-site free parking
Why Highway Resource Solutions (HRS)
HRS (Highway Resource Solutions Ltd) provide award-winning technology-based safety solutions that help prevent and reduce injuries and fatalities in temporary work zones, whilst providing our customers and the travelling public with accurate real-time information.
Our digital solutions have proven to safeguard the workforce on many occasions, whilst also delivering unrivalled customer service to the public and significant efficiencies to our clients.
Our Mission is to provide technology-based safety solutions that will help to significantly reduce injuries and fatalities in temporary work zones, whilst providing the travelling public with accurate real-time information.
Our Values are: Forward Thinking, Reliable, Honest, Respectful and Trustworthy
About the role of Java Developer
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who can help us develop the next generation of IoT technologies to enable Connected Vehicles safely navigate through roadworks.
You will work on helping us to develop, commercialise and support a range of innovative smart connected products and be responsible for designing, developing and deploying server code as part of our advanced Azure platform.
Responsibilities like for a Java Developer
- Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining applications against detailed requirements using Java tech stack
- Understand business requirement and convert into technical specifications.
- Contribute to SDLC (software development lifecycle) activities – requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing & integration, maintenance
- Writing clean, efficient, and secure code, ensuring system performance, security, stability, and quality of the application
- Improving existing systems by adding new features in line with business specifications
- Monitoring performance and implement innovative solutions to improve the overall system architecture.
- Collaborating with peers and team members to build scalable, secure, and quality products.
- Performing regular checks and follow best practices to develop, deploy, and maintain software.
- Deployment of new features and products into the production environment
- Evaluating and selecting third party software tools and libraries as required
- Providing support for full end to end IOT system integration and validation.
- Multi-tasking on several projects that are running concurrently.
- Consulting with superiors and stakeholders appropriately and in a timely fashion to mitigate any issues.
- Developing and revising statements of work with accurate cost and time estimates.
- Supporting the continual improvement and refinement of the firmware development procedures and processes to provide the required levels of quality, accuracy, and agility.
What good looks like for a Java Developer
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject matter.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing embedded firmware in a product environment.
- An in depth understanding of the product development process and product life cycle.
- An open and positive outlook, with an interest to explore new technologies and ideas.
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the business, particularly in relation to the presentation of technical content.
- Focus on detail, with the ability to support effective project execution by collaborating on the production of accurate plans and documentation.
- Knowledge of key engineering design tools and relevant Technology Stack e.g.
- Java 17
- Azure Devops – including Agile tool and Continuous build, Azure Event Hub, Azure Key Vault
- Eclipse IDE
- Spring Boot Framework
- Java NIO for TCP/IP communication
- Netty Communication Library
- Git source control
- GSON JSON Library
- MySQL Driver for Database Access
- Twillio Comms Library
So, if you want to join a winning team as a Java Developer and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, click on the apply button today.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT HRS
Highway Resource Solutions believe the skills, capabilities and talents of our people are the key to our success. We benefit enormously from the diversity and variety of our workforce and are fully committed to maintaining and encouraging this diversity.
The richer the mix of people, skills and cultures; the greater the range of inputs, viewpoints and experiences. Because of this, HRS is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, defined by its diversity and opposition to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.