Job Title – Electronic Engineer
Location - Bottesford, Nottinghamshire NG13 0AU
Mon- Fri 8:30 am-5pm 40 hrs per week
There has never been a better time to join our award-winning team at HRS.
As an Electronic Engineer, you can expect the benefits from Highway Resource Solutions (HRS) that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays plus one for birthday.
- Job Security
- Company Pension
- Access to our Internal Academy and Career Development
- Fill Your Boots Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year.
- Working with digitally enabled work zone safety solutions
- On-site free parking
- Refer a Friend - £500
Why Highway Resource Solutions (HRS)
HRS is the leading European provider of smart technology for temporary traffic management worksites. By designing, manufacturing, and operating our new digital products, we are changing how Connected and Autonomous vehicles will interact with the roadworks of the future. Our technology platform uses the latest 4G/IoT communications, precision GNSS, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Cloud services.
Through our European group of service organisations, we are building the largest real time network of live roadworks information, with projects currently ongoing with government agencies, vehicle OEMs, data aggregators and mapping providers.
About the role of Electronic Engineer
We are looking for and Electronic Engineer to help us to develop, commercialise and support a range of innovative smart connected products. Working within a multi-disciplined engineering team, you will develop electronic circuits for our extensive range of products.
Responsibilities of an Electronic Engineer
- Liaison with Product Managers/Project Managers to define requirements and develop Product/ Electronic implementation concepts.
- Design and development of embedded microprocessor/microcontroller-based Electronic Circuits for HRS’s range of products from initial requirements through to product release.
- Testing the developed products at board level and providing support for full end to end system integration.
- Good understanding of general electronic design, processes and tools including but not limited to
- Circuit Schematic and PCB layout in Altium or experience of equivalent tools
- High speed digital/processor electronics, analogue circuits including EMC signal filtering, DC-DC converters, analogue/digital interface electronics.
- Analogue design techniques including Sensor Interfacing, power supply design & EMC filter design.
- Design of Sub-GHz, LTE and GPS radio systems
- Carry out product testing and certification against relevant standards e.g. EMC, Environmental, Safety
- Report task status to the senior team and undertake mitigation actions as necessary.
- Interface with internal and external operations teams to ensure the smooth introduction of product into manufacture.
- Support the Operations teams in solving production issues.
- Carry out Value Analysis and Value Engineering exercises to identify opportunities to reduce product cost.
- Support the change control process to ensure that modifications are correctly evaluated prior to implementation.
- Create and maintain an appropriate level of electronic product documentation including product guides and operating instructions as required.
- Issue investigation and resolution on new and legacy electronics products.
- Ability to multi-task on several tasks that are running concurrently.
What good looks like for an Electronic Engineer
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject matter.
- Circuit design experience in a product environment.
- An understanding of the product development process and product life cycle.
- Knowledge of key engineering design tools e.g., Altium
- Experience in developing RF based products would be desirable with technologies such as sub 1GHz radio networks, GNSS location and cellular communication.
- An open and positive outlook, with an interest to explore new technologies and ideas.
- The ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Focus on detail, with the ability to support effective project execution by collaborating on the production of accurate plans and documentation.
So, if you want to join a winning team as an Electronic Engineer and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, click on the apply button today.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT HRS
Highway Resource Solutions believe the skills, capabilities and talents of our people are the key to our success. We benefit enormously from the diversity and variety of our workforce and are fully committed to maintaining and encouraging this diversity.
The richer the mix of people, skills and cultures; the greater the range of inputs, viewpoints and experiences. Because of this, HRS is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, defined by its diversity and opposition to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.