Job Title - Business Development Manager (National)
Location - Hybrid - Home based with travel to site at Bottesford, Nottinghamshire
Hours - Mon - Fri 8:30am-17:00pm
There has never been a better time to join our award-winning team at HRS.
As a Business Development Manager, you can expect the benefits from Highway Resource Solutions (HRS) that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays plus one for birthday.
- Job Security
- Company Pension
- Access to our Internal Academy and Career Development
- Fill Your Boots Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year.
- Working with digitally enabled work zone safety solutions
- Career Development
- On-site free parking
- Refer a Friend - £500
- Life Assurance and a range of other benefits you can access through an app!
About the role of Business Development Manager
This role will support the ongoing growth of Highway Resource Solutions within the UK Traffic Management & Construction industry. Working remotely, you will manage a pipeline of sales opportunities that need to be qualified, engaged, and signed-up to advance HRS as a provider of Digital Solutions within targeted companies. You will provide feedback to the business on how we can improve our proposition and better support the clients we seek to work with.
Working with the depot network and wider sales team as Business Development Manager you will be responsible for driving revenue and delivering exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities as a Business Development Manager
- Prepare and present sales pitches that are customised to senior decision makers at target companies.
- Maintaining relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Support with lead generation and target company research.
- Objection handling and contract negotiation.
- Sales pipeline management and reporting to hit monthly targets.
- Testimonial and case study development.
- Optimise the sales process by providing feedback to management.
- Following the latest industry developments and staying up to date on corporate competitors
What good looks like as a Business Development Manager
To succeed in the Business Development Manager role, you will bring the following skill set and behaviours:
- Experience working in a customer-focused role with the ability to demonstrate excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent planning and organising skills, able to manage your own time to maximum effect.
- Resilient with the ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- Effective communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to promote the HRS brand and cross-sell our product range.
- Passion for problem solving and desire to find solutions that add value to our customers.
- Proficient IT skills and the ability to analyse data such as business plans, performance, and market data.
- A valid UK driving licence with a maximum of six points.
What else looks good as a Business Development Manager
- Exceptional communication and presenting skills.
- Confident at handling objections and negotiating a good outcome for all parties.
- Strong closing skills to consistently deliver new business for the company.
- Personable and friendly with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience of the Traffic Management & Construction industry on a professional or personal level (nice-to-have).
- Good IT skills including outlook and experience of CRM systems (desirable but not essential).
So, if you want to join a winning team as a Business Development Manager and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, click on the apply button today.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT HRS
Highway Resource Solutions believe the skills, capabilities and talents of our people are the key to our success. We benefit enormously from the diversity and variety of our workforce and are fully committed to maintaining and encouraging this diversity.
The richer the mix of people, skills and cultures; the greater the range of inputs, viewpoints and experiences. Because of this, HRS is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, defined by its diversity and opposition to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.