Job Title - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location: South West of England - Somerton
Salary: Competitive salary dependant on qualifications skills and experience with company benefits and Car/Car allowance
Travelling will be required therefore applicants must hold a full UK licence with less than 6 points.
There has never been a better time to join Chevron Traffic Management as a Assistant Quantity Surveyor! We have had our most successful year ever! We are growing significantly and looking for new talent to join our team!
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you can expect the benefits from Chevron Traffic Management that come with being an employer of choice:
- Highly competitive salary with company car allowance
- 26 days holiday and 8 Bank Holidays
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Laptop and Mobile phone
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance with a range of other amazing benefits available through an app
- Paternity Leave - paid at full salary for 2 weeks *after qualifying 2 years period
- Maternity Leave – paid at full salary for 3 months and ½ salary for a further 3 months *after qualifying 2 years period
- Free Traffic Management Training
- Access to our Internal Academy and Career Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer A Friend Scheme of £750
- Fill Your Boots Rewards – saving an average of £400 per year
- On-site free parking
About the role of Assistant Quantity Surveyor
The purpose of this role is to support the Regional Commercial Manager in delivering and exceeding the budgeted performance, providing the relevant information to the Commercial and Senior Leadership Team in preparing annual budget forecasts.
Responsibilities of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Help in managing costs, suggest journal requests if needed.
- Review monthly management accounts and key performance information and see where areas of improvement can be made for margin
- Monitor and maintain the data within the Company Inhouse Works Management System.
- Ensure the timely and accurate billing of all work carried out within the region, ensuring that client specified application/invoice dates are met.
- Manage the Early Warning and Compensation Event process as set out in the NEC form of Contract (or as amended by our clients T&C’s).
- Manage client disputes face to face and create a strong client link. Timely responses to Client enquiries, communication falling in line with the company ethos.
- Create In-Contract pricing, estimates and quotations and following through to final account settlement.
- Assist the Regional Commercial Manager with Aged Debt, cash collection and escalation if needed.
- Help to prepare revenue reports to facilitate preparation and publication of monthly management accounts.
- Contribute to the overall management of commercial aspects of all contracts, including ensuring costs and revenue in correct periods.
What good looks like for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Excellent negotiating Skills.
- Good understanding of the NEC form of Contract.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software. (Excel test at interview)
- Confident to work with a IT/Digital system led solution to commercial management.
- Understanding of management accounts and financial reporting processes (training given)
- Good communicator and team worker. Confidently able to deliver presentations to clients.
- Ability to build new and existing relationships with Clients and suppliers.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
We would also appreciate it if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of Temporary Traffic Management.
- Previous demonstrable, experience in quantity surveying
So, if you want to join a winning team and be part of an innovative organisation which is focussed on company growth and employee progression, and YOU click on the apply button today.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY AT THE CHEVRON GROUP
Chevron TM believe the skills, capabilities and talents of our people are the key to our success. We benefit enormously from the diversity and variety of our workforce and are fully committed to maintaining and encouraging this diversity.
The richer the mix of people, skills, and cultures; the greater the range of inputs, viewpoints, and experiences. Because of this, Chevron TM is fully committed to being an equal opportunities employer, defined by its diversity and opposition to all forms